TTR Continental Qualifications for the YOG 2018

What a trip to Dakhla!
I really like this place! It's a great place for kitesurfing, specially the flat water spots for freestyle. 

Not always my parents can join me on my trips, but this trip was one of them, so my dad and I grabbed our baggage, and we flew to Dakhla for the TTR Continental Qualifications for the Youth Olympic Games!

We had wind the whole first week, training every day, getting used to the new gear, to ride with boots and to the Rebel😍. Sincerely, I love this kite for TTR! It works well, I feel comfortable with it, I know how to use it... For me, in this kind of competitions it is very important the gear. So yeah very grateful to be able to have good tools!

Unfortunately, the first two days of competition there was no wind. So for kill the time, we had so much fun playing ping pong, volleyball and pool of which after already so many days we ended up being pros hahaha. Everyone was ready to compete and finally we could start! The wind direction was quite unusual, from the opposite direction to the usual one, but at least the wind came, being able to use from the 15m Rebel to the 7m and with very variable conditions. It was an intense week, many hours in the water, with not much time to rest and with many emotions in between... Some days were tougher than others, but luckily I have the coolest teammates of all! We had so much fun in the water and that was essential for me! Os quiero chicoos💜!

The last day arrived.
We did 3 rounds, of which the important thing was to get to the A final, once there everything was different. As usual, everyone, wanted to win, but just one could and sometimes it was so chaotic, without any control. There were also the injustices that were for or against us, but that's how it is and you can't do anything for change it. The last heat was important, but I did not really realize how much it was until the end. The ranking was very close between the second and third place and until it wasn't over we, did not know the final results. Only one boy and one girl from each continent was classified for the YOG. 
We finished with the victory of Sofia (Congrats champ!!🎉), and really tied, with the same points Alina in second place and me in 3rd place!!

Happy with the result and animated for the following competitions! All this has helped me to know what I have to train more, what I have to learn, and all this little things that will help me improve!

To finish this post, I would like to thank NorthKiteboarding and KiteCostaBrava for the unconditional support, my father for being the best caddy out there, all the Spanish team - ClubhijosdelMar, ION, Vividalifestyle and SensiBikinis!
Thank you!!🙌♥

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares