Spanish Championship 2017

It's always a pleasure to be able to compete at home, at almost your home spot, a place where you are used to go. You have your family around, you can even go to sleep at home if you want, in your bed, with your pillow... you feel at home and you might have a bit of advantage, but on the other hand, you can have a bit of pressure for do it good as well.

Spanish Nationals were, how you can already know, at home!

Before start talking about it, let's go a week earlier. 
To warm up for the upcoming competitions, I went to a kite camp in the same place where the competitions were organized: Camping La Ballena Alegre, Costa Brava. We did a full week of kite, physical training, good nutrition and a lot of fun, of course! All together directed by Xevi Carrasco and Javier Ippólito.

I knew that it would be 15 very intense non stop days. I was very excited for it!

Inscriptions were done and the wind start pumping right after it. For lack of girls, we had to do just one heat. All female categories together, senior and junior. That heat was the only one we did. It was the final. 6 girls in one heat, with the new system which was new for most of us. Wind wasn’t so strong. It was stormy wind, that means chilly weather, a bit of rain and onshore wind. I went out with my Vegas 11m, did my first trick perfectly, a nice Blind Judge. Afterwards, up wind walk to be ready for my next trick.
It took us so long to do the heat! The judges were newbies with this format as well. It was also a bit boring, and we’ve got really cold.
Perhaps I was nervous, maybe distracted, I think it was a mix... don’t know... but I could only do 2 good tricks from 7 attempts, with quite good points in both of them. I'm not sad for my result, not at all, a 2nd place its fine!! But I know that I could do it really much better than how I did it.

The rest of the days of competition were or rainy days with a bit of wind, or really really strong wind from the north (Tramuntana).

To end this post I would like to congratulate everyone, especially the winners, and just say thank you very much to my sponsors, family and friends for de support! 😊

Comentarios

Entradas populares