Autumn 2017 - Brazil

Brazil in autumn is the best season to be there!

First month there was soooooo cool!
Just kiting, studying, eating açai, sleeping and repeat. Not to many things to do there, but honestly I was looking forward to get there and train a lot!
A month of pure freestyle, training in Taiba, my favorite kite spot and hanging out with this two, Pippa and StijnThey were my roommates this year. We were motivating each other a lot, learning from each other, filming, trying to improve our cooking skills, teaching them Spanish.. and many more memories. We had so much fun and I hope to repeat it sooon guys!😉

But like every 15 years old teenager I also had to study and in fact, on this trip even more.
Being in an online highschool allows me to combine studies with training, competitions and travels much better. Having started Baccalaureate (In Spain it's the last two non compulsory years from high school), of which demands a little more, I didn't know what I was going to find and I ended up doing to many subjects. I had many ups and downs, I was really stressed with school work because I like to do it very well, maybe I’m quite picky with myself, but I want to understand it and to take my time, which I did not have. 
But in fact, I learned a lot from this, to enjoy and to do what I have to do at each moment. But especially, that it's not always about getting the best grades, that with just learning and understanding its fine. In the end, how my parents say, this is what I have to do now, it is one more period of my life, the life of the student and honestly I wouldn't change it for anything!

My next stop was Barra Grande
I was really well hosted by a couple of Brazilian friends who have a kite school and repair called Projecto Vivo. (Thanks to everyone!) During autumn is a really windy place, daily 6-7m Vegas weather for me. There are two spots, the ocean, that with low tide its flat and pretty good and with high tide is choppy and wavy, and then there is a river mouth that it fills with the high tide and its so cool. The first days a local girl, Bia (Obrigada por tudo!), showed me all the kite spots, the best places, the town, the best restaurants.. everything of Barra Grande. I also had the opportunity to visit the humble houses in which they live, the school in which they study, the places where they play.. I realized that we do not really need so many things to live, that with four hammocks is enough, because what little they have is already fine for them, they are happy!

Late November, just right there, it was celebrated the 2017 TwinTip:Racing Youth World Championships, so as I was in Brazil, I took the opportunity to go. It was more like a training as it wasn't qualifying for the YOG, it's simply to get more points.
It has been of the most intense competitions of all. Being in the water for 6-7 hours every day during the whole week, under the sun, with the heat, in those challenging conditions of strong wind and waves.. Everyone gave the best of them!
After 11 rounds and with very hard-fought points.. I ended up 3rth!! Especially grateful to Northkiteboarding for the best support!!💪
I felt so so so happy to share the podium with my two teammates and good friends, Sofia and Lola💜. See us all three there .. I don't know .. It's just that I knew how hard they had worked, I know them and I have seen them in their good and bad moments and honestly, they deserved it like nobody. How my dad said “Fue un podio de película!” hahahah🙈

It was almost time to go back home, but I still had one week left, that I spent it in Taiba. I took full advantage from it, going to the WKL in Cumbuco, kiting, but not as much as I wanted, because, besides that I had to study for my final exams, which I had just the day after I got home, surprisingly we had no wind. At least the swell came in and we could surf. I loved it!

After 2 months being abroad it felt good to be back home, sleep in my bed, eat my mom's dishes, caress my cat, see my family and finally do the exams and to be on winter holiday for a few weeks. But on the other hand, I knew I would miss this wonderful place and I didn't want to leave!


Obrigada Brazil, It has been a blast!

Comentarios

Entradas populares