WKL Youth Cup 2017

It was a great experience to be able to compete at my first WKL event, the Youth Cup in Costa Brava, Spain (home sweet home).


Without any rest, we started the WKL right after the Spanish championship. We were quite a lot more riders than we are use to (79 to be exact). It was great to see once again all the riders and also some new faces around.
How good is that the sport is growing up!

For the first time we had custom lycras with our name and a huge screen on the beach, which I loved it. Everything was like the real WKL!

We were really really lucky to have wind every single day!

First day was THE DAY! 
Before my heat I went to the water for warm up a bit, just doing simple tricks to feel more confidence. All the girls were waiting for our turn and finally my heat was on, with 4 girls in the water of which only 2 would pass. We all had 6 attempts of which the best 4 tricks from different categories would count.
I started well, landing my first trick and happy for it. Then the second trick was a crash, like the next one... I had some attempts left, so I relax and I went for a simple trick. Fine! Simple trick landed. But It was not enough yet. I still had one last chance. I needed a 2,77 to get second. In that moment I had many options and I went for the safe one, landing the trick perfectly. But unfortunately that trick wasn’t enough and I stayed at the gates of the final for just 0,1 points.
In that moment I had a mix of feelings angry, sadness, confusion... and I couldn’t hold my cry. I had disappointed myself because it did not go as I expected. This was part of the game... this was not the end...

SUCCESS or LEARNING that's the question.

At the end of the day that everything has already happened, I felt more relaxed without pressure and I could see it from another perspective completely different. I understood it and I could make it positive. Was a big lesson!

So that, the rest of the days were completed by watching everybody shredding, helping my mates, chilling, kiting a bit, going to the clinics and having some fun around.

It was a great event with great organization!
Thanks to my family, friends and sponsors for being always there!

Comentarios

Entradas populares